How to Insure Your ATV/UTV?
We have several options for insuring your ATV/UTV, depending on the coverage you desire.
- No Coverage / Liability
If you do not want physical damage or theft coverage on your ATV/UTV, you do not need to purchase a policy. Our auto insurance policies provide liability coverage on all towed units, listed or not.
- Physical Damage & Theft while in tow If you want Physical Damage and Theft coverage on your ATV/UTV, but only when they are in tow, list them on your primary auto policy with a corresponding Actual Cash Value.
- Physical Damage and Theft coverage are provided while in tow and when decoupled and self-propelled with a separate policy. Remember, coverage applies only if the ATV/UTV is street legal (licensed and registered), and only while the ATV/UTV is on conventional roads. This coverage is offered with a $2,000 deductible.
INSURING AFTERMARKET UPGRADES?
Lots of ATV, UTV, and Motorcycle owners are concerned about insuring aftermarket accessories added to their vehicles. Many spend thousands of extra dollars to purchase bolt- on convenience, appearance, and performance enhancing parts for their machines.
When deciding what dollar amount to add to the vehicle value to include add-ons, consider that depreciation still applies for accessories the same way it does for the vehicle itself.
In the event of a loss, you would also need proof of the existence of the add-ons. It is important that you maintain and have purchase receipts and photos available to share with an insurance adjuster in case you need to file a claim.
WHEN IT COMES TO CLAIMS, THE MOST IMPORTANT THNG TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED IN MEXICO. FAILURE TO REPORT YOUR CLAIM CAN CAUSE THE DENIAL OF YOUR CLAIM.
Report the Claim IN MEXICO
At the scene of the accident, prior to leaving, call the toll free number listed on your policy. The claims reporting toll free number will only work from a Mexico land line or a cell phone with a Mexico calling plan.
Follow the Mexico Insurance
[BEFORE YOU LEAVE MEXICO]
When the adjuster arrives, have your policy, registrations, and driver’s license available. Keep a copy of the adjuster’s accident report and any police reports.
[ONCE BACK IN THE U.S./CANADA]
Call the Mexico Insurance Company’s U.S./Canada toll free number and have your claims and policy number available.
Once the claim has been report you will be provided a copy of the adjustors report with your claims number. Please keep this on hand, as it will help with any future correspondents. Most claims are handled within 30 day
- Do not make any arrangement with third parties; leave this to the adjuster.
- If the vehicle is moved from the scene of the accident, you must inform the insurance company of the new location.
- Do not leave the car unattended since the insurance policy does not cover partial theft or parts, unless you have purchased the premium package option.
GET A QUOTE NOW
Obtain a quote NOW! When purchased, we provide you with a coverage package endorsement available only with selective travel Mexican Auto and Watercraft Insurance providers in Mexico. To see a comparison between the Great American, GNP Deluxe, ABA/GMAC Plus